Choose one article from each of the following subheadings within the book Real Writing with Readings as listed below, and submit, on the dates assigned, a one-page, typed, double-spaced analysis of whichever article you have chosen.
The format in which you will write these journals is:
I. Introduce the author and the title
II. Briefly summarize one aspect of the article
III. Analyze that aspect in regards to how it relates to the point the author is trying to make--i.e. your personal opinion of its relevance to the article and of your ability to understand it.
IV. Explain the effect the issue addressed in the article has on society.
1) Monday, 23 August"What is the most interesting thing I have ever done and why?"
2) Friday, 27 AugustIllustration
3) Friday, 3 September Narration
4) Friday, 10 September-- "Section One"Flowers for Algernon, pp. 1-53.
5) Friday, 17 SeptemberDescription
6) Friday, 24 SeptemberProcess Analysis
7) Friday, 1 OctoberClassification
8) Friday, 8 October"Section Two" Flowers for Algernon, pp. 54-115.
9) Friday, 15 OctoberDefinition
10) Friday, 22 OctoberComparison and Contrast
11) Friday, 29 OctoberCause and Effect
12) Friday, 5 November"Section Three" Flowers for Algernon, pp. 116-154.
13) Friday, 12 November Argument
14) Friday, 19 November"Section Four" Flowers for Algernon, pp. 154-216.
15) Friday, 10 December "What grade I should receive in this class and why. What was the most beneficial aspect about this course? The least?"
Return to Developmental Writing II Syllabus Page